- This event has passed.
Security Intelligence and Technology for Business
February 3, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 11:00 am
This seminar will focus on the challenges we face as managers and business owners in keeping our organisations and assets secure. We will delve into the fascinating world of security intelligence and technology and how it is “rising to the occasion” to stay one step ahead of shoplifters and data thieves. to help you secure your retail and wholesale businesses.
We are pleased to welcome security intelligence expert Glen Higson from Bi3 as our Presenter who will have on display some fascinating facial recognition security technology. Come see this phenomenal tracking system which we might be familiar with but may know very little about: who is using it? how are they using it? How can you use it for your department, store, or shop?
Glen will be joined by Steve Constantine of QED who will discuss the current state of CCTV and its effectiveness, along with Chamber of Commerce trainer Michael Cropper of Contrado Digital who will address the criminal threats to the digital assets of your business and how to properly protect against them.
Attendees will come away with knowledge of the following:
- Current security threats and challenges facing businesses of all sizes
- Current methods commonly used by criminals today
- Available security technology used by “big name” organisations
- Security systems that far exceed the “old” methods of criminals
- How to put existing technology to work for you today
Having to deal with crime is never an enviable task for a business owner. Whether you find out about an item being stolen via the tagging alarm or much later when conducting a stock-take, it is never fun. The great thing is that while the challenges of modern retail are now more complex, so is the intelligence and technology available to deal with it.
Gain valuable guidance, learn about exciting security intelligence and technology, and get your questions answered over a nice breakfast.
Latest posts by Michael Cropper (see all)
- Calling all teens: join the latest round of Google Code-in - November 29, 2018
- How to Create a Bootable USB for Ubuntu Server - September 10, 2018
- How to Loop Through a Map in Java Using JSTL on a JSP - August 12, 2018