This one-day course is designed for business owners, directors and marketing managers who need to understand how to use track their marketing campaigns accurately throughout their business. We’ll look at how to drive traffic from Google using powerful Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) strategies. They say that “50% of marketing budgets are wasted, but we don’t know half”, use Google Analytics to clearly identify which marketing campaigns are working and which need to be improved.
The crash course morning session on Google Analytics will cover;
- What is Google Analytics
- How Google Analytics Works
- Understanding Account Settings
- Understand User Management and Access Rights
- Understanding Filters
- Understanding Google Analytics Properties
- How to Link Your Google AdWords Account to Your Google Analytics Account and Why You Should Do This
- Understanding Google Analytics Views and Settings
- How to exclude bots and junk traffic from your Google Analytics reports
- How to track what people are searching for on your website
- How to track Goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on your website
- How Filters work to segment your traffic
- How to configure Enhanced Ecommerce Settings
- How to use Intelligence Events
- How to use Real Time Analytics and Data
- Understand your Audience Including, Daily/Weekly/Monthly Active Users, Cohort Analysis, User Demographics, User Location, User Behaviour Including New/Returning and Frequency/Recency and Engagement Levels, the Technology Users Use to Access your Website, What Mobile Devices People Use and How People Move Around your Website
- Understand Acquisition Data about Where Your Customers Come From Including, Channels such as Organic, Paid, Referral and Social, Google AdWords traffic, Social Media and specific Marketing Campaigns
- Understand User Behaviour Including, What Pages People View, What Pages People Land On, What People Search For, What Events User Do On Your Website and more
- Understand Conversion Data Including, Goals for your KPIs, Ecommerce and Popular Products, Multi-Channel Funnels and Attribution Modelling.
The crash course morning session on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) will cover;
- What is Search Engine Optimisation and where did it come from
- Overview of successful SEO strategies from 5 years ago and successful SEO strategies of today
- How Google works and why SEO is essential for any successful website
- The core concepts to manage your website’s technical SEO
- How Content Management Systems come into play for managing successful SEO campaigns
- Off-site SEO and how to generate interest in your website
- How social media influences successful SEO campaigns
- How to research your audience online through Google’s free market research tools
- How to optimise your website to increase the chances of being found by your audience and customers
- New essential technologies for SEO campaigns including SSL certificates and Accelerated Mobile Pages
- How to use Schema.org markup to boost your SEO
- How to create a successful content marketing strategy to manage core content and creative content on your website
- How to create a successful SEO strategy
How to track the performance of your SEO campaigns with free tools including Google Analytics
Michael Cropper, Managing Director at Contrado Digital, has worked with many well-known multi-national brands throughout his time. His years of experience creating and implementing many successful digital strategies is being distilled down into this fine workshop. Learn from someone who has been involved with all aspects digital from the strategic board level all the way down to the nitty gritty hands on work.
The following two tabs change content below.
Michael founded Contrado Digital in 2013. He has experience working with national and multi-national brands in a wide range of industries, helping them achieve awesome results. Michael regularly speaks at local universities and industry events while keeping up with the latest trends in the digital industry.