Cyber security is no longer a ‘nice to have’, it is absolutely essential for businesses both large and small. Barely a day goes by without another report of a hacked website, an encrypted set of files or a huge data breach. Yet this need not happen as 99% of cyber security issues are preventable with the right planning, processes and technologies in place. Gone are the days when these systems were only affordable to large companies. Protecting your business from cyber attacks is possible for businesses of all sizes, including one person companies and it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg any more.
In this workshop we’ll cover;
- Putting cybersecurity into perspective covering recent case studies including the NHS, what happened and why
- How to quantify the risk to your organisations in terms of lost sales, brand and reputational damage, serious data breaches and lost revenue
- Understand the different types of cybersecurity attacks including;
- Social engineering attacks
- Unpatched software attacks
- Poor website development attacks and Cross Site Scripting
- Phishing attacks
- Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks
- Malware and Ransomware attacks
- Brute force attacks and more
- The types of backups you need in place as a minimum to ensure that you can recover from a breach with minimal downtime
- What the OWASP Top 10 are and how they can protect your business
- How to protect your website with network level security and firewalls
- How to protect your website with server level security and firewalls
- How to protect your website with software level security and firewalls
- How to monitor cyberattacks in real-time
- Cloud based tools to minimise the risk of cyberattacks
- How to protect your digital assets with secure segmentation of concerns including hosted software, websites, databases, file systems, email systems and more
- Dealing with Patch Management and having the right policies and procedures in place
- The importance of user training around cybersecurity
- Strategic planning for the worst case scenario and what you will do in this eventuality
- Common bad practices we see from companies who have experienced a cyberattack, learn from their mistakes
- Best practices to follow to keep your business safe and secure
The following two tabs change content below.
Michael has been running Contrado Digital for over 10 years and has over 15 years experience working across the full range of disciplines including IT, Tech, Software Development, Digital Marketing, Analytics, SaaS, Startups, Organisational and Systems Thinking, DevOps, Project Management, Multi-Cloud, Digital and Technology Innovation and always with a business and commercial focus.
He has a wealth of experience working with national and multi-national brands in a wide range of industries, across a wide range of specialisms, helping them achieve awesome results. Digital transformation, performance and collaboration are at the heart of everything Michael does.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.