WordPress 4.7.5 is now available. This is a security release for all previous versions and we strongly encourage you to update your sites immediately.
WordPress versions 4.7.4 and earlier are affected by six security issues:
- Insufficient redirect validation in the HTTP class. Reported by Ronni Skansing.
- Improper handling of post meta data values in the XML-RPC API. Reported by Sam Thomas.
- Lack of capability checks for post meta data in the XML-RPC API. Reported by Ben Bidner of the WordPress Security Team.
- A Cross Site Request Forgery (CRSF) vulnerability was discovered in the filesystem credentials dialog. Reported by Yorick Koster.
- A cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability …Read More
Source:: WordPress 4.7.5 Security and Maintenance ReleaseThe following two tabs change content below.
Michael CropperFounder & Managing Director at Contrado Digital LtdMichael has been running Contrado Digital for over 10 years and has over 15 years experience working across the full range of disciplines including IT, Tech, Software Development, Digital Marketing, Analytics, SaaS, Startups, Organisational and Systems Thinking, DevOps, Project Management, Multi-Cloud, Digital and Technology Innovation and always with a business and commercial focus. He has a wealth of experience working with national and multi-national brands in a wide range of industries, across a wide range of specialisms, helping them achieve awesome results. Digital transformation, performance and collaboration are at the heart of everything Michael does.
Latest posts by Michael Cropper (see all)
- What is Docker? - February 8, 2023
- How to Clone a Hard Disk (HDD or SSD) - January 9, 2023
- How to Configure Apache Virtual Hosts on Linux - September 26, 2022