- This event has passed.
WordPress for Beginners Training Workshop – 23rd March 2016
March 23, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm£150.00
The half day workshop will give you an overview of WordPress and the awesome power that it is capable of. For 99% of business websites, WordPress is the only logical choice. The open source platform powers over 22% of websites on the entire internet, globally. There are over 30,000 plugins available, mostly for free, that allow you to extend the functionality of your website with a few clicks.
WordPress gives you as a user or business to power to control your destiny. Easily update your own website without having to continually pay website developers for basic changes like adding images, changing text or tweaking a page. Learn how to navigate your way around WordPress and understand about the key things you need to know.
This session is designed for people who want to learn how to use WordPress effectively within their own business. We won’t be going into the finer technical details or coding, we’ll leave that for a more advanced session if you would like to learn more about that.
What You’ll Learn
After attending the introduction to WordPress workshop you will go away with a good understanding of how to use WordPress effectively for managing your business online. The topics that we will cover during the training session includes;
- What is WordPress, why is it free and where did it come from
- com and WordPress.org key differences
- Theory of how WordPress is pieced together and why this is important to understand. Headers, footers, sidebars, plugins, themes and content.
- Navigating your way around the WordPress dashboard
- Understanding content types including Posts and Pages
- How to publish content to your website including images, videos and text
- How to make your website look nice with Themes
- Basic configuration settings to get the most from your WordPress website
- Understanding comments, moderation and spam
- Overview of plugins, we can’t quite cover all 30,000 of them in a day!
- Multiple users and roles
The majority of the session will be a live demo within the WordPress interface. Delivered by a WordPress expert who uses WordPress on a daily basis both as a user and advanced development work to build really cool things. Anything you want to know about WordPress, this introductory session gives you the opportunity to learn from a WordPress expert.
Latest posts by Michael Cropper (see all)
- Calling all teens: join the latest round of Google Code-in - November 29, 2018
- How to Create a Bootable USB for Ubuntu Server - September 10, 2018
- How to Loop Through a Map in Java Using JSTL on a JSP - August 12, 2018