- This event has passed.
Digital Marketing for Startups New Enterprise Allowance
October 29, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
This free taster session is designed to shortcut your learning in the digital world to understand what foundations you really need in place to enable your business to grow. Most startups get their digital fundamentals wrong which costs their businesses precious time and money. The event is purely for businesses who have been involved with the Government’s New Enterprise Allowance (NEA) scheme with East Lancs Chamber of Commerce.
For ambitious companies looking to implement the right technologies from the outset to help their business grow, this taster workshop is designed to help you understand how your technology decisions can either help or hinder your business.
“Smart people learn from their own mistakes, wise people learn from the mistakes of others.” – A Wise Person
5 Key Takeaways from the taster session will include;
- Website Technologies: Understanding the components of your website and how these technologies can mean the difference between growing your business online or chaining you to the ground. Looking at website language choices, content management system choices, web hosting choices and more.
- Generating Traffic: As a startup or new business, having a website is the equivalent of buying a phone… no-one is going to call you unless you start to promote your phone number. The same is true for your website with the key difference being that we live in a digitally connected world, so the rules of engagement have significantly changed. Touching on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Pay per Click Advertising (PPC), Email Marketing and Social Media Strategy.
- Tracking Results: You can only improve on your performance if you are tracking your results accurately. Most businesses, even well established businesses, aren’t tracking their marketing efforts accurately. Learn what is possible by using free tools such as Google Analytics to track everything you could ever imagine, and lots you never even knew would be possible.
- Website Security & Backups: “It’s ok, no-one would ever think we’re important enough to bother hacking into our website” – Is generally the thought process right before an attack happens for most businesses. The majority of website attacks and hacking these days is automated which means that you need to have systems, procedures and backups in place to prevent your website being the next victim. As event was being written, a member of the team was dealing with yet another businesses whose website had been hacked into. With the right systems in place, you can significantly reduce the risk of your website being broken into or taken offline.
- Business Email Addresses: Most businesses start off with free email technologies which are simply not suitable in a modern business environment. Learn about the different email technologies, how they work and why there is only one choice for serious businesses to work seamlessly between devices from anywhere in the world.
The aim of the taster workshop is to give you quick fire information about the key areas you need to implement within your business to have the foundations in place for your business to grow. This is not a how-to training session, this session is designed to make you aware of the technologies, systems and processes you need in place to save your business precious time and money in your early years.
About the Speaker
Michael is the Managing Director of Contrado Digital who works with ambitious organisations and tech startups to boost revenue online through effective digital marketing and website development. Working at a strategic level with business owners and directors, he bridges the gap between what businesses need next to fulfil their ambitions and the finer technical implementations of how this is going to be achieved.
Michael has a wide background working with large brands and organisations helping them grow internationally all the way down to helping startup businesses make the right decisions early on. He can be found on Twitter @Contrado Digital / @MickCropper, LinkedIn at /MichaelCropper86 and regularly publishing useful resources on digital topics for businesses over on the company blog.
Latest posts by Michael Cropper (see all)
- Understanding the Difference Between BIOS Boot Modes Legacy VS UEFI - August 31, 2021
- Election Day Ballot Box Results Using Agile Delivery Methodology - May 6, 2021
- How to Setup Let’s Encrypt on AWS EC2 Using Amazon Linux 2 - May 2, 2021