- This event has passed.
What you Need to Know about Website Development for your Business
February 26, 2016
This one-day course is designed for business owners, directors and marketing managers who need to understand how website technologies impact business growth. Avoid making the same mistakes so many businesses make by understanding website technologies without the jargon and without needing to become a website developer yourself.
Your website is the focal point of your business with new customers, current customers, staff, investors, competitors, journalists and marketers all looking at how you are performing. Your website is the center of your marketing activities yet when implementing poor website technologies, this can significantly impact your options to showcase your business in the best way possible.
The workshop will cover:
- Website Technologies: What you need to know and how this impacts your business. Covering a range of technologies in the traditional, and not so traditional approaches to website development.
- Jargon Buster: The digital world is full of jargon, so let’s clear some of this up and see how this translates for your business.
- Website Backups: What happens when things go wrong? Be prepared for the worst case scenario and avoid the common pitfalls many businesses make, i.e. not automating backups.
- Website Security: Barely a day goes by without news of a data breach, website hack or security issue on the news. Website hacking is often not a well targeted attack at your website individually, rather it is a sophisticated attack on an automated basis. Learn how to protect yourself and avoid your website being taken out.
- Keeping Control: So many businesses give away control of their website to a web developer, who then goes AWOL. Keep control of your key digital asset at all times.
Please book directly with the North & West Lancs Chamber of Commerce: http://www.lancschamber.co.uk/training/what-you-need-to-know-about-website-development-for-your-business/
Latest posts by Michael Cropper (see all)
- How to Create a Bootable USB for Ubuntu Server - September 10, 2018
- How to Loop Through a Map in Java Using JSTL on a JSP - August 12, 2018
- How to Increase the Maximum Connections on Apache Tomcat - June 16, 2018