- This event has passed.
Build Your First Website with WordPress
October 4, 2016£349
If you have never built your own website before, or have used other website tools and found them not very useful, this course is for you. You’ll look at how awesome WordPress is and how to set up your own website that is being powered WordPress in the background.
This course is open to anyone wanting to learn about WordPress. Whether you are an individual looking to use WordPress as a blogging tool, or you are a business looking to use WordPress for your business website, or you are an aspiring entrepreneur looking to use WordPress to start your online business or whether you would like to boost your skills and become more employable by being able to use WordPress. The beginner’s course is designed to give you a solid foundation for how to use WordPress as a user without needing to get into the technical aspects of how everything works.
Throughout the day you’ll learn;
- Introduction to WordPress, what it is, where it came from and where it is going
- How to set up a WordPress website, the key components you need including a demonstration
- Overview of the anatomy of a WordPress website including Themes, Plugins, Headers, Sidebars, Footers and Widgets
- Responsive Website Design, designing your website to work seamlessly on mobiles, tablets, laptops and computers. The way websites work has changed forever.
- Overview of the WordPress dashboard, getting to know your way around
- Understanding WordPress terminology including Posts, Pages, Permalinks and more
- Publishing your first blog post or page in seconds
- Adding Menus to your WordPress website
- Overview of how to style your website professionally using Themes
- Overview of how to enhance your website with Plugins
Each attendee will have a demo WordPress website configured on the web server for you to experiment with throughout the duration of the course to practice the various aspects of what is being taught.
What to Bring
Throughout the course you’ll need a laptop for some of the interactive parts. If you do not have one, a tablet will suffice or simply work with another attendee to shadow them. The beginner’s course is approximately 75% theory and background understanding and 25% hands on. For the more hands on courses, the Intermediate and Advanced courses get your hands really dirty once you understand the basics of how WordPress works.
The full day course includes;
- Tuition taught by Michael Cropper a WordPress expert who works with WordPress on a daily basis professionally
- Room hire
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- A copy of the teaching materials
- One week’s free web hosting to continue to test and improve your website
Please note that you will not be learning any PHP, HTML or CSS code on this course. To learn more about the more advanced aspects of WordPress, please enquire about when our next Intermediate and Advanced WordPress courses are running.
Latest posts by Michael Cropper (see all)
- How to COMPLETELY Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates - February 15, 2019
- Calling all teens: join the latest round of Google Code-in - November 29, 2018
- How to Create a Bootable USB for Ubuntu Server - September 10, 2018